MTS-RA Motorized Cap Torque Testers loosen caps and capture peak torque or tighten caps to a programmed torque value. The MTS-RA can display torque vs. angle information. The Motorized setup allows for greater accuracy and repeatability versus testing by hand.
The MTS-RA Torque stands have several capacities up to 85 lbf-in. Samples up to 6.25" in diameter, caps up to 3.5" and heights up to 9.4" can be tested. Optional sample tables, cap vises are available for special containers. Special long column models for taller samples are also available. Digital speed control from 3~90 per second in 0.1 degree increments assures consistent test speeds.
Manual & Automatic Operating Modes
The tester features both manual and automatic operation modes. Use real time mode to display torque transients, or peak mode to capture peak torque. One way mode can be used for quick and easy measurement of removal or tightening torque. Keep mode can be used to hold a specified torque value for a certain direction
Program menus are in plain language and the unique program dial makes entering selections simple. Selectable measuring units of lbf-in, kgf-cm, or N-cm. Store up to 1,000 values in memory, which can be transmitted using USB output. Use the included ZT Logger Data Acquistion software to collect the data. The tester can output directly to a flash drive or into our software at 2,000 data per second.
- Automatic cap torque testing for both tightening and untightening
- Tighten caps with a pre-programmed torque value
- Untighten caps using color-coded LED indicators for Go/No Go tests
- Stop at programmed torque and display torque angle or stop at a desired angle to measure torque
- lbf-in, kgf-cm, and N-cm units are selectable
- Real time and peak mode (selectable)
- 1,000 Data memory for computer download
- USB (virtual COM port), RS-232C, Digimatic and Analog outputs
- Sample container diameters: .75"~6.25"; cap diameters: .8"~3.5"; height: 10" (Special sizes on request)
- Digital speed control 3~90 per second in 0.1 degree increments
- Overload capacity 200% of F.S. with alarm at 110% F.S.
- Kit includes four standard 1 inch pegs (other pegs available), AC adapter/charger and ZT Logger data acquisition software
Ranges - Capacity (Resolution)
|MTS-15||15.00 (0.01 lbf-in)||20.00 (0.01 kgf-cm)||200.0 (0.1 N-cm)|
|MTS-15||40.00 (0.01 lbf-in)||50.00 (0.01 kgf-cm)||500.0 (0.1 N-cm)|
|MTS-15||85.0 (0.1 lbf-in)||100.0 (0.1 kgf-cm)||1000 (1 N-cm)|
One Way Trip Mode- The tester will rotate clockwise or counterclockwise until one of two conditions is reached (torque value or time). Once one condition is satisfied, the tester will stop.
Keep Mode- The tester will rotate clockwise or counterclockwise until one of two conditions is reached (torque value or time). If the torque setpoint is reached, the tester will maintain the torque for a predetermined time.
Motorized Cap Torque Test System
- Micro Probe for measuring thin coatings, small parts or hard to reach areas or spots